Thread: M3 vs GT 5.0
View Single Post
      04-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
Rep
Drives: 328i / R32 / 1.8T

I just want to start out by saying thank you for taking me seriously, because this thread is the real deal. This thread is mainly for me, but obviously my little brother is buying one 100% sure (tomorrow hopefully).

Secondly, he is getting a 2012 brand-spankin'-new Mustang 5.0 GT coupe /w Brembo package, 3.73 rear axle ratio, and security package. He is financing, and it's not premium package/no glass roof (which I will consider getting for myself). He is getting 700 or 50 under invoice (big gap, but honestly I can't remember forgive me - he's not home atm). Payment = Zero down + 500 a month INCLUDING tax for 72 months (six years). Now, let's just say I want a car within two years - and made this thread 335i vs mustang 5.0. I don't think I would want to finance a 335i, but mustang - it seems like a keeper (which is why I initially made it my dream car vs stang). I also hate the fact the 335i has no LSD (with no experience with a LSD RWD car, I am just assuming it will always be in the back of my mind I would mod the 335i more than the mustang & leads me back to saving up for the M3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
you probably already saw these, but here are just a couple threads in case you missed them.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=5.0
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=5.0

why don't you post up your thoughts and a few pictures when she arrives?
Definitely saw then, but I truly appreciate you taking your time to post them & I will definitely view them again for the second or third time (I got time, why not?). So thank you, and also I will definitely let you know what I think & share photos (possibly video as well) + a written review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes5.0 View Post
If you have any questions about the 5.0 just pm me. I agree they are not commonly crossed shop but if someone want similar performance and is willing to sacrifice some perks the new 5.0 is a great option for the price.

This is my 2011

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Wow, I didn't even see that color on the lot. BEAUTIFUL, it really must go well with the brembos & and as I see it matches your wheels perfectly! I'll definitely shoot you a pm, thanks for the offer. Personally, I'm willing to sacrifice luxury to save money (I'm not even sure how much it would cost me to lease the M3 brand new for three or five years, and then finance). The reason I would lease the M3 would just to be safe, and I might like the new F30s.

EDIT: I am now not worried about having two 5.0 Black mustangs, I have decided to get the same color as you - I dig it, a lot. One picture = a change of decision, but maybe if you post more pictures = quicker purchase ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by PusheMeKuratz View Post
You rock, thank you - I'm about to read this article, and ecstatic to see something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
I actually did cross shop these... well, with a used M3. It was a close decision as I actually put in an order for a 5.0, but in the end the looks, the solid build quality/materials, and driving feel of the M won me over.

Things you'll like about the Mustang (compared to the M3) is that there's more power down low. If you're in to racing between the lights, you'll like it, lol. Edit: I am a manual driver, so this is ignoring the DCT.

I think I was biased since my previous car was a 335, so it felt odd sitting in a Mustang. Just take a test drive in one, and if you love it, get it. It's definitely a nice value. Ford is getting close, really close... where if you prefer certain things over others (like torque, fuel economy, price), you might opt for the Mustang.
On the Mustang the power down low sounds nice, since I always read threads about M3 owners (some, if not very few) complaining about the low-end torque of the M3 (I'm not sure if they can drive their cars properly, so until I drive one I can't assume that tbh). I see you had a 335i, and I had a 06 e90 330i (ZPP ZSP iDrive & I believe it had AS). Which makes me want to stear towards the M3, but you just mentioned fuel economy.. Gosh, times are hard right now & I'll need to research how much gas I'll save going with the Mustang. I truly like the looks of the M3 more, and I too would modify the M3 way more than the Mustang (and it would be more expensive to mod it compared to the 'stang). Tough choice, but you're right - if I love something, I most likely will dedicate myself and acquire it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBMW2 View Post
The 5.0 is an amazing car. It's so good that BMW even love it. They enjoy the fun competitive nature it's bringing. I'm not talking dealers or salesman here, I'm talking BMW PR and executives.

The GT is a remarkable car. It's the best American sports car for under $50,000. A Corvette is much faster, but way less usable. The Mustang also has a much nicer interior.

As for the M3, it's a bit better in certain areas around the track. It's also a bit more refined. However, the Mustang is much more comfortable and gets MUCH better fuel mileage.

Either one you get you'll be very happy. I say drive them both and enjoy each test, if you can. Don't worry about what other people say. The M3 is worth its price tag and the Mustang is worth its, too. The Mustang just happens to be as fast as the M3 in most circumstances.

The Mustang will also be much easier to mod your way for less money. The M3 is espensive...

You can't go wrong with either, though. I almost bought a new Boss 302 before settling on my M3...
I definitely have thought about how expensive mods will be for an M3 (I'm sure after three or five years - I'd want BBS/BBK/Gt 2EXHAUST/OSS/Challenge Lip/CSL Trunk/Ericcson Rear Bumper). I like how you said the 5.0 is more comfortable, and I can't wait to give my opinion on it tomorrow (since, I will assume M3 seats were similar to my 06 e90 ZSP seats -right?).

The boss 302 might be my friends new car (currently has 04' GT), but he's looking hard for a 03 SVT Cobra!

I'm thinking really hard about this, and I know I can easily manage to make $500 a month to afford the 'Stang. I haven't even thought about it, but if I got the stang it would most likely be black on black - which is what my brother is buying. Wouldn't it be wierd to have two of the same car in the driveway?

Last edited by xquisit; 04-27-2011 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0