Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Hey Felix

How is the full Akra system holding up?

I am looking at getting it for 2011 and just want to ask on the volume of the exhaust and if it is ok as a DD?

Thx
Hey Glenn,

I can comment on the Full Akra system..... I installed it on my car the first day I got her back in Fort Mac.

I now have just over 11000KM on the system and it is holding up beautifully. No signs of wear as of yet, actually I's expect the system to outlast the car due to the metallurgical properties of the Titanium Alloy Akrapovic uses in this system. Also the fact that BMW uses the Akra system as the system of choice for the M3 GT4 and as an option for many of their motorcycles says it all.

I fitted the system myself and it fit so well I didn't even have to adjust it.... just fit it with all of the clamps/fasteners loose starting from the front and it fit and lined up perfectly..... tips even sat even and level in the bumper cutouts.

To answer your question about volume all I have to say is it is perfect. No drone but it is a little louder than stock. You can carry on a conversation in the car without even having to elevate your voice. I have to admit when I first started the car with the system installed I thought I was going to hate it. The Akra sounds super agressive on a cold start-up but quiet's down into a nice deep idle. My Fiance, My 63 year-old Father, My 60 Year-old Mother, My Brother, my 64 Year-old Mother in-law, and my Uncle all rode in the car and when asked none of them thought it was loud at all. When you get on it is a whole other story.... it sounds mean yet sopisticated with lots of character.

I will be in Edmonton on the 6th of september and you can take a ride in the car and judge the system for yourself. Let me know if you are interested.