01-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
235 dollars for a shift boot is a little crazy- just a little.....

I can buy a new bmw shift boot with shift knob for less than that.

Im surprised that the 'm3' boot is 2 times the cost of every other boot on there.
Funny to me that your suprised at the price especially when you work for BMW! I know you get a discounted price working for BMW on BMW parts, but remember everyone else is paying those higher prices for parts & services that you get your customers to spend their money on.

Also, LeatherZ is a very small & Well respected company! As you mentioned, "M" cars have a different leather, thus the difference in price. They do all the work themselves, which is an art in itself, and seem to be the ONLY company that does leather work for our cars & sell them on-line. Yes you can take your request to an upholstry shop & they can probably get you what you want, but don't be suprised to pay similar for the same quality in work & in material!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0