08-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Are you absolutely sure you have warped rotors? They should not warp that easily. My brakes develop a slight vibration toward the end of the track day, but it goes away after a couple of weeks of driving, which makes me think the issue has to with the pads or something else. This has happened to me twice now.
no not absolutely sure, however when they replaced them they said that the rotors where shot...how would I actually find out for sure if they are warped - I kept the old rotors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
Is the rotor and pad replacement covered under warranty with track use?
as others have said already it really depends on your service manager...this time I offered to pay for the replacement since I know that I have cooked the brakes...next time it is on BMW tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDHNTR View Post
Please tell me that you don't use your E-brake when you park your car after lapping sessions. I assume that you don't, but I have seen it too many times.
nope