Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
MDM kicks in very, very early if you are at all driving fast. So you must be really taking it easy if its not kicking in all the time. That is without a doubt much easier on the car.

Very few things broke on my e46. SES light came on at the track, severe brake issues, broken rear sway bar mount. Bent some aftermarket wheels curb hopping.

What I am saying is every fast driver I know has had some issues at the track, not necessarly major, but something.
I politely disagree.
I use the DSC in my e46 to tell me when I'm not being smooth. I always leave it on. I've only had one corner on one track that the DSC would not allow a fast exit (hitting apex curb at T14 Thunderhill); so I turned it off there. Everyplace else it has kicked in has been because I was doing something wrong or made a mistake. I'm going to assume (from all I've heard) that MDM is less intrusive. So if it's kicking in, you're going slower than you could. Remember, smooth is fast.

I've never broken anything on the e46 during track days. I've driven hard enough to bottom out the whole suspension (w/ 500# springs) coming through 8a at Laguna almost every lap, driven off the ends of track-out rumple strips at practically every track I've been to, and jumped the bus stop curbs at WG many times. People who break their cars at the track are unlucky or untalented in my humble opinion. It has nothing to do with going fast.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0