View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Sometimes I don't want to be a BMW owner...

My 2013 X1 was hit in a parking garage the other day and is in the body shop. Instead of a lousy rental, I borrowed my elderly mom's Lexus HS. She doesn't drive anymore. Anyway, the point is this past weekend I was driving the HS, waiting in line to enter a 405 freeway onramp in usual crap Los Angeles traffic, when a 435 pulled a d**k move in front of me. He pulled around some number of cars behind me and then basically cut me off to get back in the onramp line. I know I shouldn't but I was in a bad mood, so I yelled out my window, "That was obnoxious." Yeah, I went there. I'm brave like that.

Anyhow, he put his asswipe head out his 435 window and said something like, "Someday you'll own a 100K car instead of a crappy Lexus." Swear to god. It was so stupid it made me laugh. Then I yelled back, "Wow. Living the cliche." Which probably confused him, as I just just thinking about the old joke about porcupines and BMWs...

I should have said, "Dude, you paid 100K for a 435?".

So I know it's foolish to yell stuff at other drivers in this batpoop crazy world. I guess the context was, when I get my X1 back I'll be thinking that other drivers judge me by the likes of guys like the dude in the 435. But what can you do...

By the way, when we finally got onto the 405 and had to merge into bad traffic, I could see the 435 pull ahead to the very end of the exit only lane and then forced his way into the traffic again. Charmer.

Maybe I trade the X1 for a Subaru...
Appreciate 1
TI.3VOM73.50