Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
<rant>
i dont listen to the radio often so today i decided to see what was on the air and i couldnt stand the rap i was hearing. hip hop is so superficial and dry now. its just monotonous and boring, theres little to no depth in the lyrics anymore. however, there are a few artist who manage to rhyme about real issues and important things. unfortunately, they are more 'underground' which i guess is good because i have a feeling if they get 'big' these groups and artists will become as played out as all the 'LiLs' and 'Yungs' out there.
</rant>
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Hip hop has officially gone underground.

The Dirty south has taken over as a Crude Distortion Of Rap. 99% of it is PURE GARBAGE!!!!!!!

Urban Radio is Garbage.......playing the same 10 songs all freakin day long.
Just mad because the south has all the good artists

anyways.. not a big fan of rap, but I like a couple songs.
We are talking about rap, not hip-hop.. they are two different things.
Pretty much anything you hear on the radio is going to be rap.
But, everyone just ran out of stuff to say..
All they can do is go with the trends, and if they hear a new phrase like "whip", copy it and implement it in their song.
Or make up their own ridiculous words.
There also aren't that many good artists out there, so there isn't a lot on the radio. Thus.. they hear a new song, play it for a week straight and then it is dead. A lot of rock stations are starting to cycle in the old stuff, and I bet we can see rap stations doing the same.

Rap died out about 7 years ago anyways.

-Nathan

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
hahaha....here's an interview with Lupe saying the same shit:
http://www.defsounds.com/news/Lupe_t...kes_over_imeem
Publicity. I think i've heard two or three artists do songs involving lyrics along the lines of 'rap/hip-hop is dead'. They just coin the phrase because again, they ran out of things to say.
Reminds me of a young kanye.. so naive..
Does he really think that he is that special?? and that his stuff is what real hip-hop is..