View Single Post
      04-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #43
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

OP, you got the point right there.

Dont get me wrong, E46 and E9x M3 are great cars with their own taste.
E36 US version was reasonably sad with a different engine without ITB.

E46 is "called" to be "like the best" because it has been very affordable to many crowds.
Whether on forum or off forum, it's kinda sad to see more than 50% of people who call E46 M3s "BEST" have never tracked the vehicle, probably put fat 19 VMR or BBS LM replica wheels and be all stancenation lol

I didn't own E46 M3 but I drove many E46s including M3. "raw" feeling? really? honestly? No.... probably "raw" because of noise.

Go drive the E9x and see its responsive combination of engine+tranny. The E9X M3 is superior in both criteria than those of E46.
The S65 is V8 while being actually lighter than inline-6 of E46, it's got the best transmission both ways (DCT + 6MT). so far after 7yrs did not cause any major frame/subframe damage like E46 did. Worst of all, E46 SMG tranny was somply pathetic, one thing that KILLED the character of E46.

it's those factors, along with personal taste that make cars "special". For example, 991 GT3 will be a GREAT car. but 997.5 GT3 4.0rs will be a CLASSIC, especially with its lmited production and most importantly last 6MT GT3 model ever produced.

It's hard to call what is "all time classic",It really is upto one's taste, the way they drive the car and the way they enjoy/maintain their vehicles.

But if we are doing an unbiased, factual car to car comparo, E9X eats E46.....easily...both in numbers and character

Last edited by jaehshim; 04-25-2014 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0