View Single Post
      11-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
BMWSpeedFreek
Lt Col. …who can’t wait for his next track day!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I feel for you dude.

After parking my car(s), I now take a quick (but in-focus) cellphone picture of each car's licence plate that is parked beside me and a photo of my door panels using the reflections to show the unmarked finish. And when I get back to the car (no issues so far - fingers crossed!), I delete the photos of the other cars. Simple.

However, waaaay too OCD my wife says...

I still park in spots well away from minivans, cars with booster seats, beaters, and will always prefer to park next to other higher-end cars (P-cars, well-kept Mercs, etc)...that includes paying more to park closer to the airport terminal so my beast is safely with other higher-end cars.

Funny though - it seems like there is a whole risk-assessment science in owning and parking nice cars in public. Who knew?

SF
•'12 E92 M3 Space Grey/M-DCT/ZCP/ZPP/DINAN/ACM Test Pipes/BPM StageII Tune & Coding/M Perf Exhaust, Race seats, Alcantra V2 steering wheel, gloss grills/ModeCarbon GTS wing/GTS DCT Tune, CF int trim, door sills/LUX H8 V3/CSF race oil cooler/Trackspec hood vents/GT4 Rep CF splitter & rotor ducting/Hawk DTC60/KW CS 2way NR/B'world/Hotchkis/Eibach/Apex
Appreciate 0