07-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #68
Drifty//
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A4 quattro 3.2 MT6; E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy@ApexRaceParts View Post
You said the fronts rubbed for you, and I'm not sure what that rubbed against, or what tire model you ran in that particular setup.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

I have a 2008 E92 with EDC. I'll add that it came with the 220M 19" wheels, in case any factory adjustments were made for those.

I have 275/35R18 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs mounted on your ARC-8 10" wheels. I added Ground Control camber plates, but I'm still on stock springs. The outside part of the front tires rubbed the wheel well liner both before and after camber plates.

My front camber is currently -2.5 and the rubbing occurs a little past half of the steering range. When I turn the steering wheel left, the outside part of the left tire rubs against the back of the wheel well. When I turn right, the outside part of the right tire rubs against the back of its wheel well.

Switching to 265/35 should give me 5mm less protrusion along the width of the tire and 3.5mm smaller radius. I'd need to know where the pivot for the wheel is to say exactly how much smaller the arc of the tire will be, but if it buys me something like 6mm of additional clearance, that might be enough.