09-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #59
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
A simple solution would be to determine the actual abrasiveness of the ME, versus the abrasiveness of other products. How this would be possible I have no idea. Maybe you all do
A real world test would be tough as you would need to have actual buildup on the leather (i.e.dirtied in a realistic way) since that layer most likely will provide a buffering action between the slightly abrasive ME and the leather itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
swamp, what year is your vehicle? Maybe that's why I have no shine yet from the Leatherique and other products I've used since mine is a 2011. In all honesty, I do not clean my leather that often. I am about to treat it with some Leatherique this weekend because it's showing some signs of dirt buildup (I've been driving more lately). I wouldn't be against using the ME on some of the plastic/vinyl parts, but the leather makes me nervous.
My car (see avatar) is a 2008. My normal "routine" is to simply wipe the interior including leather with MF (not ME, MF!) during/after each exterior cleaning. Perhaps with a very low concentration of regular car wash soap. Quick and easy. A time or two a year I use some of the highly recommended products for the leather. This routine led me to the shiny difficult to clean and very non-OEM looking leather, which was nicely corrected with ME. Personally I would actually be more nervous about ME on harder parts like plastic (or which I would never do - paint/clear coat).
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0