09-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #50
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Overall, I don't understand why you are so persistent in your defense of the ME? Is it price? The results? I mean you could probably get similar results with a light cleaner and a microfiber towel. I've used a few products and have not seen this "shine" you're referring to, so I don't know how that is universal across the board...

I don't mean to get in the middle of your debate though
No worries. Join the debate/discussion. The reason I am engaging here is because on my Fox Red leather, especially seat bottoms and steering wheel, despite using some of the "best" products out there. I could not get rid of the shine and discoloration nor get anywhere close to the very nice matte OEM factory new finish. The ME quickly and easily did this. The results in my opinion were truly amazing. I do realize the product is very mildly abrasive, but EVERYTHING is abrasive, even washing your car. My "advise" (experience is a better term) along with qualifiers to those concerned about the most minute "damage" to their leather has been fully stated and clarified. The dogmatism of some professionals is frustrating for those looking for a real world approach.

This picture helps my point. Even soft human tissue or soft soled shoes can be very abrasive. It is a matter of scale (physical scales and time scales).
Attached Images

| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0