swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

OK guess I am not quite done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
The biggest issue here is someone spreading bad and detrimental information to other car enthusiast.
I've always qualified my "advise" if you can even call it that with appropriate qualifiers admitting the mild abrasion and saying do not use it regularly.

What I will not back down from is that for very badly oiled, shiny and dirty leather. If you can not get any of the other top of the line, expensive products to work, this one will and it works wonders. Any minor, likely invisible damage is the topic you are obssessing about and has been addressed.

Quote:
You're debating on whether of not it's not only OK to us a Magic Eraser, but that it's a good thing to use to maintain your leather? NOT OK.
Your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. Again with all appropriate qualifiers I have stated. Similarly, is a light polish by a qualified detailer OK for very light haze, atrifacts or swirl. Yes, absolutely. It is OK to polish your car every time you wash it, NO. Or even this: Despite the best of products and tools and a 2 bucket method, abrasive particles WILL be in your washing cloth/sponge etc. Thus the very process of washing your car is abrasive. Does this mean don't wash? Of course it doesn't. It means take all precautions you can and accepting that it is a matter of scale.

Washing your car damages its finish, period. Scale buddy, scale. The same point I am trying to make here.

Quote:
Even worse than claiming I'm not familiar with the house-hold cleaning tool you champion as not only an acceptable, but the best method for maintaining leather, you state this:
Absolutely never, nowhere did I conclude that ME is "the best method for maintaining leather". That is 100% fabrication. I've always stated careful qualifiers. STOP with this BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenap View Post
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Richy H from one of the detailing forums has used a magic eraser on paint defects before, and says it leaves scratches comparable to 3000 grit sandpaper. So if anyone doesn't have a magic eraser on hand, now you have another leather cleaning option.
1. OK someone said it, it must be true.
2. Yes or no: Soft surfaces respond fundamentally differently to abrasives compared to hard surfaces (such as pain/clear coat).
3. Yes or no: Any rubbing of any product on another is fundamentally abrasive.

Have I mentioned the word "scale"...

No matter how much you try, you simply can not deny the facts that these things can work wonders. It is an entirely separate issue as to how much damage they may be causing and whether or not folks can get some great results in difficult situations with gentle, selective and infrequent use where other products have failed.

Keep going, despite getting pretty bored with this, I suppose I can continue.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0