swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
It's not very often I have to say this so bluntly:
You obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about.
(blah, blah, blah)
No reason to have a hissy fit. Take a deep breath.

All I said was the pictures you showed APPEAR to shiny for my PERSONAL taste for OEM BMW leather. That says not one word about my knowledge of Ferrari's not anything else you went off about. My experience with Leather Master was not good at all. Very little cleaning power and left things too shiny for my taste.

Care to take a survey and see if folks who prefer an OEM BMW APPEARANCE for their leather also find your sacred Ferrari pictures way too shiny? I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for your validation on such a survey.

Your contention that a magic eraser on leather is more or less equivalent to a sanding disk used to wash a car remains the ultimate in extreme hyperbole. No if's and's or butt's. Your refusal to accept some middle ground about the very low level of abrasion of a magic eraser leads to the obvious conclusion that you have never tried one, on any material, leather or not. Nothing substitutes for some actual hands on experience as you can certainly attest to in your line of work.

I have also heard of "evidence" (alluded to in my other debate on this topic that I linked to above) of severe and unrecoverable damage to leather from a magic eraser. I still have seen no proof of that either but I do believe that with extremely harsh and repeated use of this product you may cause some damage.

The reason that people keep posting about it is really quite simple. It does work, it works wonders and does not appear to cause any immediate damage. There have been enough posts with more or less the same conclusion that it takes no great leap of faith to accept this. Will I personallu continue to use these as daily/weekly/month leather care product, no. Will I infrequently and GENTLY use them for the most stubborn, shiny and dirty parts of my leather, yes I will.

Closing with a nice pompous close as you did...

Fellow members of M3post.com. The king of the world Mutt has spoken. Lay down and worship at his feet....

Or perhaps not. Take the advise here or leave it, give it a try, maybe only once if you are conservative. It will work wonders on badly stained, dirty and shiny leather especially steering wheels. On second thought no, don't do that. I am only here to provide poor advise on purpose and ruin your leather immediately with a product that feels about as abrasive as a line dried wash cloth...

No more to add.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0