ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ35DRVR View Post
That's just retarded. You seriously think that a 335 with all the mods (tuning, turboback exh, coilovers, quaife lsd, 4-6 pot bbk) would not destroy any stock M car on the track?

Listen, the 335 and the m3 will be two different beasts. For most of us looking for a daily driver that can be fun if pushed, the 335 is more than adequate. How many m owners track their car? How many 335 owners track their car? How many m owners ever use the full potential of their car? How many 335 owner ever use the full potential of their car? Not many on all accounts.

For most of us, the 335 (stock) is a very, very good alternative to an M3 without all the drawbacks (high price, rough around the edges, etc.) I love the look of all M cars. I would rather sacrifice a tiny bit of performance (that most of us will never realize anyway) in order to gain a significant amount of drivablility.

40K vs 70K - its a no-brainer - especially if you don't race the car. Shit, my buddy just bought an 06 M5 dealer demo with 4K miles, loaded with HUD, SMG, Adaptive seats, all that shit, for 69K. No way I would pay 27K more for that car than I paid for my 335. The actual difference is just to small for that much money. Like someone else said, for the extra money, I could have an ass load of toys, truck, boat, 4 wheelers, jet skis, motorcycle. If I wouldn't part with the money for a loaded M5, no no no way I would spend it on an m3.

Unless you are loaded and willing to pay for the badge and the IDEA of M and Carbon Fibre components, you would be dumb to buy the M. As somebody else mentioned, if you are looking for a pure track car, there are better ways to spend your money. If you are looking for status, get the m. If you are looking for value, get the 335.
Whew! Get 'em bro!