View Single Post
      08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
ghostdog19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6 xDrive50i

calintexas:

thanks a lot for your reply.

the replica wheels seller stated that the material of the hub rings are polycarbonate.

i really like to stick to OEM, but im having several problems having a dealer ship overseas, i have had no luck that's why im looking for other alternatives, and the replica sellers seems the only one...

i just returned a 2012 m3 because of the differencial turn noise, and i really don't want to have problems with the new x6, thats why im so worried about install this wheels due to vibration or other problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
He's talking about wheel spacers used to increase track (push the wheels outboard) which is not the question you asked.

I'll admit that my friend is an animal. The car is heavily modified (tune, intake, aftermarket headers, and catless exhaust, plus other stuff I don't know about). He's tracked it a few times. It's likely that an X6 in normal street use would be fine. If you can only get the plastic pilot adaptors, just buy a second set in case you have problems over time. They are very low cost. It's best just to get wheels with the correct pilot hole if you can. M3's seem to be very sensitive to the accuracy of the hub/wheel assembly. I don't know about the X6.
Appreciate 0