05-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #96
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
No sir, was added on my e46M when I requested my service department to include that, pathway lighting, no day time lights, and the auto locking on the doors upon exceeding 5mp.

Also, the windows had a saftey feature, where if an object disrupted the closing of the window, it would retract back down...so saftey was a non issue on auto roll up.

Sometimes you have to just ask for it
I had the no-daytime-lights and auto locking door options but I never would have thought to ask for the remote feature. In fact, my CA specifically told me that it could not be done via remote, that you had to stick the key into the door handle, turn it and hold to roll the windows up.

As far as the obstruction feature, all power window cars have this and if I'm not mistaken I believe it is mandated by law. The term "safety feature" should be relabeled to "our lawyers made us do it so some litigious redneck doesn't take us to the cleaners when he gets his head stuck in the window" feature. (No offense to rednecks. Some of my best friends are rednecks.)

BTW, what exactly is "pathway lighting"?