View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #62
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I have to admit I always liked convertibles so in 2009 I got myself a Z4 30is build in 2008, drove her for a spell ten I traded her in 2010 for a 2009 Z4 35i.

We took the 2009 all the way cross country along Route 66 to LA and it was a blast. Somehow I missed my original e46 build in 2002 very much you know how one lingers for ones first ever love So once I had my convertible itch out of my system I got back into a real car a e92 M3. Do I miss my Z4 sure I do only I missed my e46 much more.

I can say this I got my kicks on Route 66 in a Z4

Why do people get a convertible, easy, it's all a matter of preferance and or taste.

As for a e93 being a sports car, sure it is like the e90 or the e92 just don't take a e93 to the track it's simply not right. The M3 if it's a e90, e92 or e93 was designed by the ///M Division as a all around kinda car ... you all know what I mean. We can have fun with it then in the evening take our significant other out on a nice date or dinner etc. etc. We even can take the back seats down and go to the hardware store on the weekend

Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear once said something like

"A convertable is like 2 briks connected by a board"

I don't recall what make he was talking about, it does make a lot of sence and I'm sure convertible drivers know that very well and won't take there convertible to a track to race anyway. Go fast on a track perhaps only don't race it's just not safe. Anyway that's what I think having driven both for a fair distance Before you ask yes I also test drove a e93 before I got into a e92.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 08-07-2012 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Made a slight addition
Appreciate 0