View Single Post
      06-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #27
marakji
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i owned 3 porsches... a 996 anniversary with the X51 power kit, i.e. 345 bhp, manual, sport exhaust, short-shifter... a 987 Boxster S... and finally a 997 C2S cab., tiptronic (yes, the tiptronic is a nightmare)... and i drove lately the 2nd Gen. 997 C2S with PDK... a week ago i took delivery of a brand new M3 with DCT, and yesterday finished the 2,000 kms break-in... today was D day... i hit the power button, and programmed the M button or extreme driving... i won't comment on the 0-60 times of the new C2S with PDK versus the M3 DCT, because most mortals cannot measure a 0.3 seconds difference... but i WILL say something about "user experience"... the power from 6,000 to 8,500 rpms, the violent shifting of the DCT in extreme mode, and the blips when down-shifting, are pure magic and INTOXICATING the last time i owned a BMW it was the first edition of Z3M... thank you BMW for making a driver's car... the pdk is just a fast tiptronic, and it is so smooth that the sensation is GONE!!! the only porsche worth buying today is the GT3... but given the DCT and the price differential, the M3 is THE car regardless what those 0-60 figures say
Appreciate 0