View Single Post
      07-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #18
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
I go on Porsche forums too occasionally. I have owned BMWs, and driven both of the cars we're talking about. The truth is Porsche forums aren't much fun. People on BMW forums have this mentality that whatever they are driving is superior to everything else on the road. In a Porsche forum if you say the manual is superior to an AT to a guy who has the AT he will say something like "I know it's slower, but the wife can't drive a stick." On this forum if you say the exact same thing you will get 20 idiots saying that Michael Schumacher's F1 car has paddles, so all cars with automated shifting are better. Even though they have no idea how either system works.

Same thing with speed. If you compare a Porsche to a 335i the Porsche is way too much money and the 335i with procede is better because it can keep up in a straight line. Then of course if you compare the same 335i to an Evo that kills it at everything for less money the Evo is an economy ricer piece of shit that can't even be spoken of in the same sentence as a BMW.

I give credit where it is due. I'm not trying to say the BMW is a poorly constructed car or isn't fast in a straight line. I'm saying that all of these idiots who think that Procede makes their car an Enzo need to realize it does not. It's still just a luxury coupe. It's a well made reasonably performing luxury coupe. It's no sports car though. Get it on the track stock and the Cayman will make it look like the luxury car it is.

There is no shame in having a luxury car. Some people here just need a reality check. More power or speed in a straight line does not add up to a superior performing car in many cases. The most fun I've ever had driving was in a Lotus with 190 HP. Believe me, just because a proceded 335i has twice the hp does not make it twice the car. People who have never driven the Lotus would never understand that though.
It's like you took the thoughts in my head and wrote them down exactly for me.

I like the 335, it's a great looking car thats fast and pretty luxurious that you can also take on a roadtrip or to the golf course. While procede is a big improvement, it isn't some god button that transforms the vehicle into some super car.
Appreciate 0