View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

production complete...waiting to cross the pond....

Hi everyone,

was waiting to post this till I made some concrete progress on the ground and the car was a reality. The production update came this last weekend and the BMWUSA website displays the car as a "production complete" and awaiting shipment status. So from being a virtual concept (order sheet) to a concrete event (although still in Germany) - its a great feeling!!!!!

ordered it through Ryan Amico at Stevethomas BMW and its been a great experience so far. Hassle and more importantly haggle free. other than a few delays, mainly 'cause of him being so occupied with new deliveries, its been great!!! PLus I cant complain...... people have been waiting on their 2012's forever, so they do get priority!!!! Jim from finance and Francesca have been a great help too!!!! thank you all!!!!

My PCD date has been provisionally confirmed by the performance center on 02/20/2011 (I know its way off considering that my car is already built, but that was the earliest that I could manage).....and yes!!!! the wait killsss......

Here's my build, nothing special, just a combo of available options, nothing individual or custom, but I like it.....

Alpine white, extended fox red leather, carbon leather trim, stock 18 inchers (love these....)
6MT, DDC
cold weather package, premium package, sat nav
enhanced premium sound, satellite radio (1 year), BMW apps (plus the blue tooth, i-pod and USB that comes standard with this combo of options)

Accesories ordered -
BMW performance exhaust
- cannot decide on the carbon front splitters of any manufacturer so have kept this on hold, but will likely add the carbon mirror covers to this list. Still ambivalent about the black grills and gills. Want to see the car with my own eyes before deciding on these (I have a feeling I just might like the chrome on white look after all; considering that everyone here has the blacks on their AW's)
- also am on the lookout for smoked front bumper reflectors. do not like the body colored ones at all (yes!!! have seen them in person), but have a gut feeling that smoked ones (if available) will look smashing to me....... will keep searching......if I get these, then these+gloss black grills+gloss black gills may make the grade as a combo...will see.....

now , just waiting for the car to be shipped and the day of the PCD delivery to dawn.........

any thoughts/suggestions are absolutely welcome....flames too.....lol!!!!

- plans for the road trip back home as well as practical accessories planned for that trip will be in a separate thread......

Last edited by K-M3; 12-06-2011 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0