04-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #21
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8cold View Post
What's wrong with BMW of sterling?
Nothing as far as I'm concerned though I don't use them. I bought an E46 M3 from them and they were great. Even helped me out no charge when I had trouble doing a bulb change on my running lights. Additionally, they were just named again in the top tier nationally of all BMW dealers. I did hear that the owner is an a-hole though and got a bit pompous and BMW took away his exclusive Mini dealership. I hate Passport, but they got the nod for a Mini franchise. I hear Sterling has lost 50% of their Mini sales. I wasn't impressed with my service experience at Passport but that was prior to the new service facility. They managed to piss me off too when they did the active steering recall on my '06 650 and failed to do any of the nice things (fill up the tank) that BMW was going to pay for. Why do I think they billed BMW away... They also used to have this giant line of cars in the morning for service and this was people with appts. For basic service like a oil or tire change I just drive in to Fairfax and I'm set in an hour or so. I just picked up a 2011 M3 and having alarm problems. We'll see how they do on that.

I had purchased a car from Fairfax as they had what I wanted ('07 650 vert) and I had sold my old car on the spur of the moment. The sales experience was great and I have nothing but praise for the service department. They are fast and super squared away. I think the service department generates more sales than the sales department.

I can't trash Arlington's service department because their sales department sucks so badly I haven't even dreamed of bringing my car there -- and I live less than 4 miles away. I did read a nice letter in the latest Roundel though where a young lady got her wheels stolen in that giant blizzard we had last winter. Arlington really came to her rescue when others did not. A good sign and credit where credit is due.

Last edited by BigHat; 04-15-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0