View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Road America 10/13/13.

Just got back from a Road America and finally got some dry laps there for the first time in 2 years! Saturday it poured so just basically threw that day out, but Sunday was a beautiful day and wanted to make the most of it...First session out, cold, 45, and was great to feel some grip out there, but still too cold to really do anything, 2:45 Second session out and things warmed up a bit and managed 2 laps in the 2:38 area. Was amazed how big of a spread there was between 2 sessions only an hour apart in terms of lap times. Just goes to show you how much temps can affect tire performance. Third I took out a passenger for a spin so not pushing things. Final session, there were 2 more that day, but both my daughters were up with me and were both pretty sick so had to make it a half day and get back...

managed to break into the 2:37's!

Same session and had a great time keeping up with a GT-R and a ZR-1. Think I definitely could have broke into the 2:36's if a lot of these laps weren't interrupted as both the ZR-1 and GT-R run in the mid to high 2:30's. What a great way to end the day and not bad for a 4 door on street tires, but notice how much faster they are in the straights. It's pretty ridiculous

Last edited by klammer; 10-13-2013 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0