Thread: Edmontonians
View Single Post
      08-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #1323
jjjheimer
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 M-DCT

The service appointment went well and met expectations. I have a couple of outstanding warranty items that required parts (speed sensor and iDrive control pod) and they are on order from Germany. The car's US warranty was validated and activated without any nonsense whatsoever.

The charge for the 24K km oil change and engine filter was $390 which seemed to be fair based on my research. I asked the service advisor not to wash the car despite her insistence and in the end they complied with my wishes. I chatted with Rastafarian Jerry the detailer while he drove me to the office and concluded that was a wise decision. I admit that's totally based on a first impression and he likely does superlative work with all that focus and some snacks. When asked about Swissvax I got a blank stare, moments later when it registered that Swissvax was some sort of detailing product he professed his high regard for the BMW products.

No blow jobs or homemade organic, gluten free cookies though and I guess if you're used to that level of service in comparison this visit would rate subpar.

Last edited by jjjheimer; 08-30-2011 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0