View Single Post
      02-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #71
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Haha - I've only read the first two pages, but I noticed that generally the 335 owners are sympathetic while here are some choice quotes from non-335 owners (you are correct, it's a non-representative sample):

325 owner: thats what you get for acting like a child in a grown up's car

325 owner #2: There must be more to this story for a reckless fine than excessive speed. I have no sympathy for you.

335 owner: I gotta be honest. A cop can pull you over just because he wants to, and that's the charge he will use. It's one of those blanket charges that doesn't need much evidence in court and it certainly stings.

Not to be an a$$, but all of you who have never test driven a 335i, do it and you will see how easy it is to accidentally hit 80mph. In 5th gear, at 60mph you can floor it and you will be past 82 before you can release the throttle. Put an Procede on it and you'll be hard pressed to react fast enough to get off the throttle before xxx!

To the OP: Sorry to hear that dude. I worked on a few consulting assignments in DC back in the day and I know how some of your 4lane freeways have absurdly low speed limits that no one obeys. I have gone 80-85 in that area and been passed by more than 50% of drivers.
Appreciate 0