06-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Huh? Because BMW simply offers a DCT the car is somehow less of a focused and pure drivers car? That makes zero sense... I could understand your comment somewhat (although not totally) if no 6MT was offered at all. I guess Ferrari, Lambo and Bugatti do not make focused and pure driving cars.
The Bugatti isn't a pure driving car. The Lamborghinis are becoming more so than what they used to be, but Ferrari is starting to lose some of the points of pure driving pleasure.

You see, people tend to use their sports/super cars more and more each day, so they wanted them to be easier to drive and do their daily stuff without losing much of the fun-ness. So yes, an M3, any Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. can still be fun with DCT or automatic trannies. However, you're missing the most important point of driving it: the actual driving part.

An M3 is fun with M-DCT or with a manual transmission, but it's not the same experience.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0