View Single Post
      05-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #66
Cleveland
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Thanks Cleveland. I appreciate the information you are providing. Can you briefly outline the modules that you have discovered to be "active" after the ignition is turned off? So far we have:

1. Comfort Access (if installed)
2. Bluetooth/Assist (if installed)
3. Alarm (if installed)

And what was the reserve capacity of your Odyssey battery?
I think it was like 24 Ah or something like that...

I'll see if I can dig that up for you. It's been a while...

Yea, all the modules in his car are supposed to go into 'sleep mode' a few minutes AFTER you lock the car and walk away.

After opening a PUMA case at my local dealer, they found out that the I-BUS com link (internal communication system that runs all the modules) was telling all the different modules to go into 'sleep mode', but sometimes the Bluetooth/ASSIST module was hanging up and it wouldn't power down properly. The tech who worked on my car also said the SIRIUS satellite radio tuner modules, nav, and any other device that is connected to the this com system could potentially hang up and continue to draw a small amp load from the battery.

Well, that was the last straw for me.

I was just too close to the edge on that issue.

I immediately moved up to a 33lb. battery that worked out much better. Still a lighter weight version than stock...but NO DRAMA.

That was a welcome relief, as I was pretty much at the end of my rope. I was trying too hard to push the envelope...and it pushed back!

I wouldn't even think of getting a small lightweight racing battery around the 20 lb. mark (or less) Not after all the headaches I had to deal with over a 5 yr. period. I've had my fill of that nightmare thank you very much!
Appreciate 0