06-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #161
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimm750 View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I often read multiple threads but don’t really reply or post opinions. But I was leaving Frankfurt yesterday when I noticed on the cover of a car magazine in a rather small font, "Der neuen BMW coupes." So I opened the mag to the small two page article and since I am not fluent in German took these pics. So here is why I decided to post this. I asked two flight attendants, both of whom are German to translate the little blurb about the 4er coupe. One flight attendant was not interested because it did not involve getting me water, soda or beer. The second flight attendant did translate it for me but I am not sure if I should believe her. She explained what it said and I still wasn't sure so I asked her specifically about the last sentence and she said it means that there will no longer be an M3 but rather the M4. Thats the first I heard of this and was curious. I am sure there has to be someone on here that can give a better translation or answer.
She is right!
AutoBild quotes that from the typological logic the F32/35 coupes and the F33 convertible must become the lable M4 !
But nothing is clear about this ... Scott quotes that the cars could stay under the lable M3, but logical correct is only the position from AutoBild!
Its also possible that BMW brings an F30 M3 sedan again to fill the gap ... but nobody knows the truth.
We have to wait and see!

Greets Uli_HH
Appreciate 0