12-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #29
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5love View Post
I just built a 135 on bmwusa.com while I was bored, put almost everything on it: sport, premium, cold, idrive, sound system, ipod... basically all the necessities

And... it came out to 47,000!!!!

I wasn't expecting that at all... an equally equipped 335 would come out to 50,000. I really couldn't believe my eyes.

Basically the ONLY reason someone would buy this is if they A) wanted a car that was a couple hundred pounds lighter than the 3 or B) really thinks it looks better than the 3

I'm honestly surprised BMW would make this car so pricey.

iDrive? cold weather package? sound system? how are those neccessities?

i configured my 135i (sport package, leather, ipod, metallic paint) and it came out to under 40k. thats without talking down the dealer becuase the car is fugly.

so in summary i'm getting a 3400lb BMW with 300hp and 300lb/ft that goes 0-60 in 4.7, and does the 1/4 in high 12's, for under 40 thousand dollars. not to mention has all the handling characteristics of a BMW. i'll take the 4-5k savings over the 335i and deal with the ugly headlights (which look great with a $50 eyelid mod, btw).

where else can you find a car that will outrun this one, offer all the features as it does, and has a great BMW quality ride for under 40 thou?

yeah.... overpriced... right. you guys wish this car would come maxed out with options for $30k or something?.. you're dreaming. the 135i is a performance machine, not some beater.

people will buy the 135i... trust me, and the demographic will be:
1) wants a BMW
2) wants the cheapest lightest BMW
3) wants the TT engine
4) doesn't prioritize looks over performance..

the 128i will also sell like mad, simply because its the cheapest BMW they make.

now you wanna talk overpriced, lets talk about the e92 m3.
Appreciate 0