10-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #14
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
You are the lucky one IMHOP.
My personal experience with Vettes have been poor and even the people I know with C6-Z(o6 and Zr1) none were very happy with them and sold quickly. The steering feel even on a ZO6 is no better than any Kia or Toyota...it's simply numb feed back especially when pushed is not there.

My issue with vette is its a spec sheet car. The spec sheet looks great, but the real world driving experience isn't as fun as the spec sheet would have you believe. Vettes have always been a let down in the interior, trans feel and "X" factor area (the area where you just don't want to stop driving).

I call BS on the interior quality being better than a M3. When it comes to that M3 hands down better. I did contemplate buying and test drive 2 ZR1's but chose the M3 this time.

Vipers don't have orange peal, nor do Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, AM ECT. Pretty much any car that costs $80k+ new shouldn't have orange peal.

So you maybe asking yourself how does Disurbed know so much about Vettes?
Long story short I've driven every vette worth driving. A buddy of my is a corvette collected and has over 30 vettes....guess who gets to come over and drive them and help do maintenance....yep that would be me. :-) My fav is his '67 with a cam and carb'd 572. That is one fun car!

I want to be clear I'm not a vette hater, I like them and respect the performance but I have yet to find a vette I love (ok maybe that '67). I feel the same way about a GTR nice car but wouldn't spend my money on one.

Ok enough thread jacking.

C7Z sounds great can't wait to drive one....and I will. :-)
Regarding orange peel, you get plenty of that on BMW cars, including those that cost 80k. Just look at any M6 or M5 for example.

As for interior, yeah, C6 interior was rubbish. But I sat in a C7 interior and it was pretty good, so I can't understand your complaints. And BTW, I asked this question a million times on this forum and no one has a straight answer to it: what exactly is it about an M3 interior that makes it so great? It's just a standard 3 series interior with a few more buttons and some more leather in the door cards. Audis and Mercs have much better interiors than the relatively dull and boring BMW interiors.

IN terms of driving experience, what makes you hate the Z06? I've been a passenger in one, and the acceleration, braking, grip, and handling are mind boggling. Makes the M3 feel like a bus in comparison.
Appreciate 0