01-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #103
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I was thinking the same aajami. While this may have only become official today by virtue of the fact that it is in the order banks, Mark's M definitely gets credit for breaking the original news.
Oh thanks gentlemen (and MRakete), it's still exciting (for me anyways) to have this officially on the books.

Therefore, I'll be confirming contents and ordering my E92 next week (just waiting for a package from Germany with paint, trim and interior samples to see them together in person rather than electronically). I'm tentatively going to be scheduled for April production (although ZCP packages do start in March as you've all reported) but that's because of the Individual stuff I've specified over and above the Comp. Pkg - which add an extra 10 weeks to the process. This is my fault because I've been so damned undecisive about certain things and keep asking for changes. Serves me right but oh well. I expect to have the Cdn pricing for ZCP when I order so I'll let you guys know what it is if it hasn't already been released (U.S. pricing will be similar - aka a little less - no doubt).

The bad news for ZCP......no special colors at this time. And aajami, I'm really sorry about this one.....no sport exhaust option.

As well, ZCP packages will get the regular 19" M3 tires (flavor of the day). I had a big techical discussion with BMW about why I couldn't get the Pirelli Corsa's in the larger GTS sizes.....and lost. To make a long story short, I was told the tires "wouldn't work quite right" with our regular M3's. Yes, quite alot of you have "upped" your tire/wheel sizes without any ill effects but remember that BMW the company has to keep things pretty generic especially for a mass production car like the M3 ZCP. Also, the offsets for the GTS wheels haven't been finalized for production so they may in fact be different when the GTS is finally ready to go. So I've given up....and frankly I'd rather deal with more mundane things like choosing a paint color.....but that's Ok, no big deal.

Speaking of color again, Frozen Grey will be available shortly for those of you who'd like it but according to a fellow Cdn poster "Mr. D." who is doing something similar to me and dealing with the same people in Germany, North America apparently has to wait until a "U.K. only" special edition run of Frozen Greys are produced. BMW will be committing full paint production capacity to the British cars commencing in March. August production was what was suggested for North American availability for Frozen Grey. Well I never!!!

But here's something for you guys who love the matte look. Sounds like there's more to come!! I was told that BMW wanted to offer matte COLORS for the ZCP right away but "they" were still being tested. Hmmm, seeing as Frozen Grey is already out there, looks like alternatives will be available in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed.

All in all, I think it's great that BMW is offering a few changes here and there before this car goes away in 2012 or 13. Makes life interesting!!

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0