View Single Post
      10-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #22
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW View Post
That's almost as much as the car itself!

I'm sure there will be a kit for the E9x M3 but it most likely won't cost that much. It just won't make any sense if the kit was $40k+ (at least not for a stage 1).
Hahaha!! Not in Europe where GPower is located (I mean about the cost being as much as the car). But anyway, still is a lot of $$$$ and imagine adding the shipping cost etc... Now, giving some credit to GPower for "overpricing", you might just be getting another car in value. A 600+ bhp E90s M3 should be a hell of a machine. Only thing I would worry about is the added weight of all those components in the "front" of the vehicle that for sure will affect balance.

I am also certain that a "stage 1" kit would cost much, much, much less than that! I would guesstimate somewhere around $15 grand for somwhere around 500+ bhp. I honestly donīt see much more power than that for a stage one, GPower is making 517bhp (brake horse power not wheel) with their EVO I (Stage 1) as these engines cannot take over 5psi of boost w/o replacing internals. Why anyone else would be able to "reliably" make more power with stock internals is beyond me. This limited boost capacity may not only be an issue of how strong the internals are, its also a compression issue where fuel would certainly detonate prematurely (race fuel may become an option for increased bost in this case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
Im not taking sides or anything im just teeling you guys what they told me when i went there.
Camaross, sorry if I came on too strong, not my intention. Just discussing things!!

Last edited by KonigsTiger; 10-28-2008 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0