View Single Post
      08-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #44
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipersix View Post
I have always been a fan of warcraft. From 1-3 plus all the expansions. However I skipped over WOW, cause Im not into paying monthly to play a game. Its just a waste of money for me. Like buying a game and paying for it once is fine, but not on a on going basis
Your kind of missing the value from a time played - cost perspective.

Few singleplayer games that I've played have sustained my attention for more than a month. So assuming that I am always playing something, that is the same thing as a $50 a month charge to be entertained.

Versus in a MMO, you pay an initiation fee of $50 and then you have a recurring month cost of $15 for ALL of your entertainment. And this included weekly updated and bug fixed and bi-monthly ~ish content improvements and additions. Pretty good deal imo.

Plus as REALLY easy way to rationalise it is, $15 a month is the cost of 2 movie tickets. So if you see 2 movies a month, or you see 1 movie with 1 other person, you could just play wow instead and get alot more hours of entertainment. And you can still see those movies if you want, albeit not quite through a legal fashion.

That being said, I've been burnt out on wow for a long time. And for some poeple it can be VERY life consuming once you get into it. So I'd suggest you probably shouldnt get into it this late in the game.