04-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
EJ_92606
Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 550i; '11 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzM3 View Post
I'd say about 8 years ago I went to Irvine BMW with my mom to buy a car. Since she didn't know anything about cars I said she should try a BMW. She's never owned a BMW only Cadillac/Mercedes and Range Rovers. We pulled up in a Nissan Pathfinder and walked into the show floor. Didn't get any attention or salesman whatsoever. We walked around the whole show floor for atleast 20min and started walking out. On the way to the car a saleman outside standing finally asked if we needed help. I told him we were interested in maybe a 5series. Anyways he automatically told me where the used section was.... WTF! Anyways we went to Lexus right after and was approached by a salesman soon as we parked. We bought a Lexus 1hr later.

Present day. A few months ago bought a used 08 E92 M3 6MT with 12.5K miles. A few weeks ago the oil warning light came on and said 1qt on the screen. We didn't know that you can go to a dealer and tell them to top it off and ended up buying a qt for $11-13 and added it ourselves. I told my friend that these eat oil and how expensive the oil was and he told me dealers are suppose to top it off for free since I still have the free maintenance thing. Today we did our first scheduled maintenance at 16K (keep in mind the previous owner did the other services) and he mentioned to them that he had to buy a qt of oil and it was expensive. Service guy does NOT mention anything about he should have just got it topped off or that it is covered by the free maintenance program or whatever. He just said "yeah they do burn oil and the oil is expensive"...

Fuck Irvine BMW and their whole crew...!
If you want a salesman, go up to the reception desk and ask to talk to one. Frankly I hate salesman that are all over you when all you want to do is look around. I say its a plus that they lay off you. Get the chip off your shoulder...it doesn't matter what car you drive up in.

In regards to the oil...did you go to the dealer and ask them to top it off? Stop your whining...you expect them to read your mind? It's not part of the maintenance plan and I think the dealer eats the cost if they do provide it. You have a $50k car and you're posting about a few dollars of oil and getting all uptight about when you never even asked for it.
Appreciate 0