11-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #52
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Not sure if serious, but if someone is looking to get out of a 328 due to potential reliability issues, an E39 is about the last car I would suggest. Yes they are fun to drive, but they are very temperamental and everything costs more to fix.

OP I would have suggested a VW but you already said you aren't interested in those (why? I loved mine and never had any issues over 78k miles outside of maintenance stuff).

Have you thought about an American car? I have a Challenger RT and it's pretty fun and has been rock solid so far (can't comment on long term since it's still fairly new). They are way cheaper to fix at least

I have always told myself, I will never own a VW or Audi. A bunch of my friends have had those cars and have had nothing but problems - from little things to huge issues. I know they have improved and VW is "bmw's little wanna-be brother", but am just not a VW fan. I don't want or like jetta's that much and GTIs are fun to drive, but a hatchback is not for me. VR6's and R32s are great cars, but not for me.