View Single Post
      07-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
I am as happy as pig in mud when it comes to M cars, I have owned numerous M3's, but as a DD drive for work it doesn't work for me or my clients.

I have always had a X5 M-Sport for my DD and now I have a X5 M50d (746nm torque) with a sports 8 speed gearbox with paddle shift. The only thing different between my X5 and X5M is I have a 3 turbo diesel against a V8 with 2 turbo's and I have more torque.

The M3 is a road car, if you want a race car buy a race car, I just don't see any reasoning in why people complain their M3 is not the same as ALMS M3 or a DTM M3. If you want to go fast by a faster car and if you want a race car by one.

My fast car is a Ferrari and its still not the same as a track car, and thinking the car you buy off the showroom floor should be the same as whats raced around a track is ridicules.

The M3 is as good as it will get for the road, if you want to race it send to a Tuner and spend another $150k on it and race it to your hearts delight, don't just complain about it and as the saying goes "put your money where your mouth is"

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0