12-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
kenwelch
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 M-DCT & 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOR View Post
Anyone know what color wire is the non-constant 12v and what color is the ground in the wiring harness in the rear view mirror for a 2013 E92? I did a lot of searching and it seems like the 12v is the green and white and the ground is black and brown, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere for my car. Thanks!
I could only find documentation for the 2012 E92 M3. Which might be the same.

CAUTION: If you are planning to power an auxiliary device from the mirror wiring the wires pass thru the roof function control center that only is supplied by a 5 amp fuse. There is NO direct power feed to the mirror. The roof module's interior control (transistors), components, and circuit board wiring might not be able to handle the extra load. If you "let the smoke out" of the roof module it could be an expensive experiment.

The green/white wire from relay controlled fuse #7 feeds to the roof function control center. The roof function control center then connects to the electrocromatic interior rear view mirror with two green/white wires at terminals #3 & #4 of the mirror. These might not be direct power pass thru and the diagram does not show the roof module board internal wiring.

The ground is terminal #10 with a brown/black wire grounded to the under right side of the dash.

PM me if you would like the 2012 diagram.

Last edited by kenwelch; 12-28-2013 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0