02-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #36
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMW View Post
First: I know what you mean i have to go through these looping indoor parking garages to park my car and when i am in 1st or second and accelerating uphill it is kinda loud and people take that as me speeding and i get looks and people being like slow down i heard you coming up here. and im like just chill i wasn't going fast at all

Second: MY STORY: Some kid prolly 10yrs old threw fireworks at my car while parked..... i was like what the hell....he was on roller blades and kept going. He came by again i was still still in my car parked threw another bounced off the windsheild exploded. So i chased him down in my car he was trying to run threw grass on roller blades i caught him grab him by the arm firmly and then pretended to call the cops.

He begged and pleaded and apologized... Then I explained to him why he shouldn't do it and y i was pissed.

I told him to imagine if u worked real hard for years to buy your dream car and then it comes and in the first few days some kid throws a firework at it and damages it. How would you like that. He said he would and he was really sorry and i pretened to hang up with the police.

No damage happened to the car just thought id share the story...this happened on the 2nd day of owning my new e92
I sincerely hope the kid learned something from you - you handled that well.

To the OP: I would have done #1. The fact that you saw him do it (or could just as easily say you did) is all you need. I'm sure the cop would be able to find some gravel in the street. Tell the cop that you were not only worried about damage to your car, but that you breifly lost control of it due to being startled - and thank God you didn't hit a kid or parked car or something. Let the asshole deal with having formal charges filed against him. Doesn't matter if he winds up in any trouble - just having to deal with a court date, etc. will make him think twice about being John Wayne for traffic control.

Either that, or I'd have beat the living shit out of him.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0