SpeedOften
Cone Killing E90
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 M40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
And Mike Miller is the biggest proponent of this philosophy. According to Mike, most "modern' BMWs (anything after the E30) need to have radiators and water pumps replaced every 60,000 miles as preventative maintenance for the cooling system. Are you kidding me! If you had someone say that about a American Domestic car, they'd just say "yeah, typical GM/Ford/Mopar quality." How many times has Miller said a BMW automatic transmission is pretty much shot at 100,000 miles?

What does the majority of members on this board belive? Better buy the extended warranty if you plan to keep your BMW past 50,000 miles. I've seen many posts of owners scared shitless as they come up on 50K miles. Funny. They wouldn't even dream of buying domestic.

But we all keep buying BMWs...
Just to throw this in the mess, my family owned an 84 Mustang LX 5.0 for about 8 years. When we finally got rid of it, the engine had over 500,000 miles - NO BS. The tranny had been replaced once, and the body was rusting pretty bad in some places - hatch and a couple wheel wells and passenger door, but that 302 was still running and strong.
Appreciate 0