08-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
I took my E83 in for service to Passport BMW in Maryland. I didn't get there until 10:30 and the loaner pool was empty, so they sent me over to the Enterprise desk with an "on us" ticket.

In the past whenever this has happened, Enterprise has hooked me up with a pefectly nice, new, but mid-tier "driving appliance." Last time I think it was a Dodge Charger.

This time, to my surprise, they took out a big bundle of BMW key fobs and put me in a 2011 328i with 12k on the clock. All the paperwork was as per usual for Enterprise. I do note that the car has the dealership "brand" on the trunk lid, so it doesn't look like Enterprise bought it as part of a fleet purchase.

Anybody run into this elsewhere? Maybe Passport is just out-sourcing management of a portion of its notably large loaner fleet?
Our local dealer has some kind of arrangement with a rental company like Entreprise (I think it might even be Entreprise), where the rental company has purchased all the BMWs....... but they are all on the BMW dealership's lot. There's a lot of them and they don't seem to run out.... Not all but I think most are 328i's.