swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Oh ya, I forget, you are pleased the M division went with the single pots. Now you can enjoy the essence and aroma of your scorched premium track pads, sitting behind the wall of the track, while underpowered Cayman's and the like fly by lap after lap on standard brakes. It's simple physics, multi pots distribute heat better and more evenly than single pots. But you don't believe this because you know BMW has better brakes than Porsche as evidenced by their superior braking performance at the track, right?
You do have a point multi-piston units can have more surface area mating the heat generation zones with the brake fluid. Hoewever this is mitigated if the single piston deisgn uses large pistons and I have seen some very small multi-piston design brakes. So until one measures the piston area and compares this is an advantage "on paper".

Also your post is very presumptive that the new car WILL have MASSIVE brake problems. ASS U ME...

I never stated nor argued that BMWs have better brakes than P-cars, nor did I say they would outperform at a track, period. P ceramic systems are quite phenomenal on all fonts, performance hot and cold, fade, wear and even cosmetic isues such as looks and brake dust. I only pointed out that thus far some stopping distances are superior for the M3 and for a much heavier car this is significant.

BTW which part of this did you miss
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I can't say I would not like giant multi-piston calipers on the M3
Cheers.
Appreciate 0