04-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #20
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yeah, I know that I can get them here in Canada, the whole point of me getting my grandparents to get them while in Cuba was the price differential!

I'll check them more thoroughly tonight, using anmcguire's advice, but the box was heatstamped, everything looked kosher, and the cigars looked mint when I took them out of the box and placed them in my humidor. No beetles, consistent colour and bands, etc. I don't know where the stickers are supposed to be placed, so I'll have to look that one up, but it looked very authentic!
Sorry, I should have been more specific about the sticker placement. The habanos sticker is usually placed diagonally on the upper right for dress boxes, and on the lower left for cabs. Both are placed on the top (face) of the box.

The warranty sticker is more difficult to describe but it located on the front left of dress boxes, placed vertically. On cabs, it's in the upper right, placed over the sliding cover. I wouldn't worry too much, from what I've heard so far it sounds like you got the real deal.

BTW... If ever you see a warranty sticker (Republica de Cuba) that has been broken with another one placed over it it's nothing to worry too much about. It just means that QC at the warehouse has opened and inspected the box.
Appreciate 0