04-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
I like being able to start in second on a roll, comfortably engage first on steep hills etc, and i like being able to slow down/downshift and ride the revs down to 1.5k OR SO in 3rd, maybe 2nd, approaching stoplights/traffic/idiots. Sometimes the light goes green, they get out of the way, u get mad and gas it to go around, and you find yourself under 2k but in 2nd or 3rd and thats where i noticed a huge loss before i put the stock system on my e46 (yes this was post cat delete in the system but it had two resonators and muffler so idk, it DID help. the dyno and butt dyno showed it. I just hated noticing a big loss down there when i got cams/headers on the e46 (mostly cams i know, but i did them same time and I've read cats make a difference as well). When i put back the STOCK catback system i loved her again b/c she started pulling linearly and not like a boosted car lol. Well, not boosted, but you know what i mean.

Awesome. That is really good news especially since I think the tune would only benefit it in the lower revs. So, with HFCs or stock secondaries you did not seem to lose low end torque pre tune, good to know. When I can afford the tune soon here I will ring Mike Benvo and have him explain the pros/cons of cat delete and 2ndary cat delete as far as back pressure, low end power, etc...

Just making sure i still wanna save for it
I have DCT so I can't really help I guess. I also don't deal with hills on a daily driving basis. As for what Phoenix said about Mike. You won't regret the service, I have had other tuners in my lifetime of car modifications and no shite he is hands down the most loyal and communicative one I have had.

Great Service! BPM FTW!

BTW: You can change your name on this forum.
Appreciate 0