07-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #82
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abizarvakharia View Post
So I just got may car back from the dealer – no luck. To the dealers credit they really did try to change the setting. Apparently the BMW software asked for a passcode to change the setting. They even tried to get the passcode from BMW's internal escalation path and they were denied! Apparently in the US is considered a safety issue

Incidentally I was reading this month’s Roundel (July 2011, page 28) and saw an interesting blurb about start-stop engines coming to mainstream BMW’s (including the F30’s) in the US. Here is the quote re: fuel economy “…by some estimates, it improves real-world fuel economy by about 8%. And while once there was no reward on the U.S Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFÉ) ratings, now there is: New EPA test driving cycles build in more stops, and that lets a car show better EPA city mileage.”
If repxet didn't work they're either in the wrong place or using the wrong software -- I think it's awesome they even tried though. Anyway if you want to buy the cable yourself I'd be happy to help though. :-)

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0