View Single Post
      07-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #36
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
Don't most extended warranties run out by then?!!!!! I'd NEVER own a BMW out of warranty. I bet the engine is done by 150k miles! Not to mention have you seen the price of regular maintenance? $200 oil change!!! $250 alignment! I can't imagine what its going to cost to replace the shocks. (I wouldn't consider any aftermarket) At least the fluids are lifetime so that's not a worry. Other thing to remember is that an 08 is a 5 year old car now. Thats too old for a daily driver to me.

/sarcasm

All seriousness, my 98 e36 m3 with 170k miles drove like new. Alot of this sounds like you guys would never own ANY car with over 100k miles. Here is a short list of the common misconceptions and mistakes of half the people on the board/who own newer bmw's in general.

- they won't blow up at 100k miles. Shit I saw a video of a guy who has close to 500k on his e29 m5.

-Maintenance is defiantly higher, but if you think its bad you've never owned a p-car. Labor is no worse than any other euro car. Unless of course you one of the dumb-asses that takes it to the stealership for everything.

-Yes part costs are high but this is still the current gen M3. In 10 years parts will have gone down to something reasonable

The chassis isn't going to fall apart when the odo crosses 150k or 200k or what ever other k you want to say. Sure you might have to rebuild things, replace things, fix things, etc. But that half the fun of an old bmw. If that last sentence sounds crazy to you then just keep on re-leasing a new one.

/thread
I was so about to call you out. But luckily I finished reading the entire post haha.

If you don't know how to DIY, then don't. If you do, then absolutely. These cars are relatively easy to work on. It's a labor of love.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0