View Single Post
      05-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

This thread is excellent and touches on EXACTLY the reason I purchased a 135i over a 128i or any other car. My 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback is a superb car for it's class, beating every other car in it's class for 2004, 2005, and 2006. Only in 2007 and 2008 have other vehicles trumped it in the annual "best of" lists that car mags and reviewers put together every year. That said, I have constantly sought better performance from my car, adding suspension components, better tires, and helped it breath better. I got to the point where I was considering a very nice $4000 turbo kit that would take it towards 300hp. But what it really boiled down to was the fact that to put the kind of power on the ground in the way I would appreciate it would require a $1400 LSD kit and an upgraded clutch. I was demanding more from the platform than it could economically support. End game was that I remembered the words of a wise man. "If you want to build a fast car, start with a fast car." At that point I realized I was in the market for a sports coupe.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0