09-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Thanks for the info!

I am not sure why we are not all holding hands hoping and praying for an MSRP that is around 55k. I have noticed there a group of people on this forum that appear to be actually hoping the car is more on the expensive side. Maybe because they want the car to be more exclusive or maybe because the new M is out of reach and would rather it stay as out of reach as possible because it is too much bear to have the M3 just passed arms lenghth.

Anyhoo, I think the most surprising thing about the new M3 is going to be its MSRP of 55k.

An MSRP of 55K will do several things for BMW M but the biggest two in my opinion are these,

1. Make the M3 the cheapest GT in its class yet have equal if not better performance than similar cars that cost 10K more.

2. Keep a large customer base so that BMW can actually sell 100K of these babies.

If I am wrong then I am wrong......

Jason
Agreed, price point will be major factor determining long term sales of the M3. Priced too high and the 335 will be the obvious choice for those who aren't badge conscious and want bang for the buck performance.
Appreciate 0