View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
My question is if you're making 300 K why are you on a BMW board and not a Porsche board or some other exotic.
seriously?

You're delusional if you think all or even most people who make > $300k/year drive porsches or $100k+ cars. The correlation between your car and your income is so tenuous as to be almost insignificant.

My dad makes anywhere from $400k-$600k/year (it varies, and on average it's probably on the lower end of that) and he drives a Honda Pilot (yep, I drive a car that's more expensive than his car and I'm a poor student with $0, although he purchased all of the cars in our household outright for my mom, my brother, and myself). If you're unconvinced by mere anecdotes (which is perfectly reasonable), there are plenty of statistics for the kinds of cars that multi-millionaires drive.

Interestingly the second most commonly driven car by pentamillionaires, for example, is the BMW 328i (the most common is the Mercedes E class). Honda, Toyota, and Ford all make the top 10. The BMW X5 is like 9th or 10th as well. Audi doesn't make the list. Porsche doesn't make the list.
Appreciate 0