View Single Post
      07-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
It looks like a shitty version of transformers (I think it's made by the same director). I liked transformers but I think this movie looks dumb
Transformer was terrible man. Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox is worst than these no name actors in Pacific Rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
I will supplement my first post in saying this: the storyline and acting was so terrible that I question if it was done intentionally. I saw it with about 100 IBM employees and the entire theater was laughing and cracking jokes throughout the movie.

In fact, it was so terrible, that I’d dare to say it was a comedy. Oddly enough, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to see it a second time. It is quickly becoming one of those movies that I love to hate, yet hate to love.

BTW- I won't spoil the ending, but I literally laughed at the closing shot. Also, stay for the credits. There is one final sequence that brought a laugh out of me.
Hard to critique the storyline or acting in a pure action movie that is dominated by special effects. I watched it in IMAX on release date and I don't recall anyone laughing only that one scene where the japanese girl was peeping in the peep hole.

But the special effects IMO was one of the best. The details is incredible. You can even see the paint chip on the jaegers.
Appreciate 0