View Single Post
      09-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #63
Filthy Monkey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Hi Swamp,

I didn't get comfort access as, being a launch car, I had to accept the spec. of the car as it came delivered from BMW. I had originally specced my car with Comfort Access, but to be honest, I'm not sure that I would bother now. It's $800 over here and I think I can cope with pressing a button on my key every now and again...

As for EDC, I would highly recommend it, as there is a huge difference between Comfort and Sport settings. It really changes the feel of the car and I think will be highly sought in used cars, affecting resale values quite strongly.

M-Drive is standard on cars over here and, being one of the key features of the car, I would be surprised if it wasn't standard in all markets. If not, as with EDC, I think it's somthing that the resale market would expect on the car. The advantage of being able to change all the settings on the car at the touch of a single button is huge. believe me, you would soon get fed up changing everything manually.

A lot of the user controlled settings can be programmed to each key. The trouble is, I have a habit of just grabbing whichever key I find first, so I sometimes get into the car and find that everything is different to the way I last set it up. Things like seat position, mirrors, radio settings, M-Drive are all specific to a certain key. The rear view mirror and steering wheel settings are manual, so they are obviously not remembered, but all the important things seem to be there. Now that my girlfriend is driving the car more often I will probably make sure that I set one key for her and another for me. They seem to hold individual settings well, so I'd imagine that will make life easier...

Hope that helps!

FM
Appreciate 0